Terms and Conditions for All Tours
(1) Deposit: A sum of $200 per person or full payment, whichever is greater, is due within 7 days from the date of confirmation of the reservation. Please make the check payable to Tai Holidays. Bank check (money order or cashier’s check) is required if payment is being made within 30 days prior to departure. If the reservation is made and confirmed within 60 days prior to departure, the entire tour fare must be paid promptly.
(2) Final payment: Final payment is due 60 days prior to departure. If the payment is not received by the due date, the reservation will be subject to cancellation and all deposits will be forfeited. Final payment by credit card may be accepted. For credit card payment, cardholder can either come to TH’s office to imprint the credit card or send cardholder’s written authorization, duly completed & signed, and photocopies of credit card (front & back) and picture I.D. to TH.
(3) Returned check: US$40 for each transaction of the returned check.
2. Cancellation Fee:
(1) If canceling 60 days or more prior to departure*, there will be a charge of $200 per person
(2) If canceling 7 days up to no longer than 60 days prior to departure*, there will be a charge of $200 per person plus any charges assessed by land operators, cruise companies, airlines, and other suppliers.
(3) If canceling within 7days prior to departure* or after departure* date, there will be 100% forfeiture of the tour fare.
(4) For cancellation, a written notice is necessary to be received by TH via mail or fax. Cancellations become effective when the written notice is received by TH at TH's office. Trip cancellation insurance is highly recommended.
(5) “*”: if there are land arrangements only, arrival date will apply instead of departure date.
(6) TH cannot make any exceptions to cancellation charges.
3. Revision: Each tour participant will be charged for all the costs of their revision in addition to a $25 service charge. Revisions are subject to availability. If a revised schedule is not available, tour participants agree to take the original schedule. Only written revisions are acceptable. Any revision of the entire booking is considered as a cancellation and the Cancellation Fee will apply.
4. Tour fares:
(1) Tour fares include only services as specified in the Tour Itinerary. Examples of such services commonly provided are airlines, cruise lines, bus, or train on economy class ticket, handling of one piece of standard-sized luggage per person, meals, sharing of twin room, seat-in-coach (SIC) sight-seeing, and/or airport transfer with English speaking guide.
(2) Tour fares do not include optional/additional tours, excess baggage, room service, drinks, meals, phone calls, laundry, visa, passport, airport tax/fee, tips to guide/driver, porterage, personal expenses, health, travel protection plan, or any other items not specified in the Tour Itinerary.
(3) Children (11 years & under, unless otherwise indicated) must share a room with two adults. Otherwise, adult fares will be applied.
(4) Tour fares for each person are calculated based on a minimum of two participants.
(5) Any unused services are not refundable or exchangeable.
(6) Unless otherwise indicated, all tour fares are in United States Dollars. Tour fares will be calculated based on the currency exchange rate and situation prevailing at the time of preparation of the programs, and are subject to change prior to departure.
(1) As listed or similar class will be used.
(2) Single rooms will be subject to availability. A tour participant occupying a single room, either by choice or by circumstance, needs to pay the single room supplement charge.
(3) The special hotel rates are not applicable for trade fair/convention period.
(4) Check-in time is usually around 3pm and check-out time is usually around 11am-12 noon.
6. Delivery of Tour Packet:
(1) Normally, the packet of tour vouchers and other documents will be sent to tour participants by regular mail. Please let us know at the time of making payment and at least 3 weeks prior to departure if tour participants need the packet of tour vouchers and other documents to be sent by certified or registered mail. If you are making payment within 3 weeks prior to departure, the packet (which may include airline tickets, passports, or other valuable documents attached) must be sent by express mail. The additional charge of certified, registered, and express mail* (*US$20 for foreign countries & US$15 for domestic but subject to change) will be at the tour participant's charge needs to be paid in advance. TH is not liable for the Postal Office or any other shipping company’s service.
(2) If the packet of tour vouchers is requested for an early delivery, a special handling fee of $50 to be paid with the final payment for extra handling and processing will be added.
7. Check Tour Packet:
(1) Please immediately check whether information on the tour vouchers and/or other documents are correct. If any information is incorrect, please inform TH within 48 hours upon receipt of the tour packet. Otherwise, it is understood & agreed that all information is correct and accepted by tour participants. After the 48 hours has passed, TH is no longer liable for any incorrect information claimed and any additional costs to correct such incorrect information claims will be solely the tour participant’s responsibility.
(2) Tour pick-up times will be given upon arrival.
8. Luggage Allowance: One piece of luggage with a total combined measurement of 106 inches (three dimensions) for each adult at 50 lbs on trans-Pacific or trans-Atlantic travel & 44 lbs on inter-Asia, inter-Europe, or travel other than mentioned above. If charter flights are used, then the luggage allowance may change. Luggage is at tour participant’s risk throughout. Travel Protection plan is recommended.
9. Travel Documents: When you buy an international ticket or tour, check whether you are in possession of a passport that will be valid for at least 6-months from the date of your return to your country of origin. Also, check whether you have valid visas if it is required.
10. Visa: If visas are necessary, TH may be able to help tour participants apply for the necessary visas at the additional cost. Please check with TH at the time of booking. However, if there is a visa charge, the visa charge will not be refundable if tour particpants fail to use it.
11. Health & Disability: Tours require extra exercise and energy. Consult your personal physician to determine whether you are eligible to travel before making the reservations and applicable vaccinations are recommended before starting the trip. Tour participants represent that they are in good health and capable of sustaining the physical and mental demands for the tours they undertake. If tour participants need to leave while the tour is in progress, tour participants will be responsible for any charges incurred on account of such departure from the tour and all other travel expenses. TH and its employees, affiliates, and associates cannot provide individual assistance to tour participants. Tour participants in need of special assistance may be accompanied by an adult, over 21 years of age, who is capable of being responsible for providing such assistance. Tour participants requiring a wheelchair or other special equipment must provide them at their own cost.
12. Additional Costs: If as a result of weather or other conditions outside of TH’s control, tour participants are prevented or delayed from departure or arrival and need hotel accommodations, transportation arrangements, or additional services, the additional costs are solely the tour participants responsibility.
13. Travel Protection Plan: To minimize possible loss to tour participants, it is highly recommended that passengers buy travel insurance, either through TH or through other sources.
14. Special Requests: Tour participants must notify TH of any special requests, such as special foods & seat preference, at the time of booking. Requests cannot be guaranteed, but TH will do its best to fulfill special needs.
15. Shopping: TH and its employees, affiliates, and associates are not responsible for any items purchased at any shop or from any vendor before, during, or after the tour. All such claims should be directed at the relevant shops and vendors.
16. Tickets clause: If your tickets are purchased from TH, the Terms & Conditions for All Air Tickets will apply in addition to all the other Terms & Conditions for All Tours.
17. Disclaimer: TH is not liable for any errors, omissions or misquotes contained in its website or any other promotional documentation. The contents of its website or other promotional documentation are subject to change without notice.
(1) TH, when deemed necessary, reserves the right to refuse service to anyone and to expel any tour participant from the tour. TH’s liability is limited to the amount of refund for the tour calculated by TH. TH disclaims all other liability and warranties.
(2) TH reserves the right to alter or modify the itinerary or change the route, hotel, or traveling dates.
(3) TH reserves the right to cancel any tours. In the event of tour cancellation by TH, the liability is limited to full refund of the payment received. TH disclaims all other liability and warranties.
(4) TH reserves the right to unilaterally change the “Terms and Conditions” at any time.
19. Jurisdiction: It is agreed by and between tour participants and TH that all disputes and matters whatsoever arising under or in connection with or incident to the responsibility of TH and its employees shall be litigated, if at all, in and before a court location in Los Angeles County, State of California, U.S.A. to the exclusion of any other courts.
20. Waive jury: It is agreed by and between passengers and TH that all parties waive their right to any jury trial in any action, proceeding, or counterclaim brought by any party against any other party.
21. Arbitration clause: It is agreed by and between passengers/tour participants and TH that all disputes and matters whatsoever arising under or in connection with or incident to the responsibility of TH and its employees, affiliates, and associates shall be arbitrated in Los Angeles County, State of California, U.S.A., pursuant to the Rules of the American Arbitration Association in effect at the time the claim is filed, upon the request of either party. Judgment upon any award rendered by any arbitrator may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. The Federal Arbitration Act shall apply to the construction, interpretation, and enforcement of this arbitration provision.
22. Bankruptcies of Airlines and other Venders :
(1) TH may not be allowed to provide refunds for tickets from airlines that have declared bankruptcy or for services provided by other vendors because money paid to TH immediately becomes the property of those airlines and other vendors, respectively;
(2) If an airlines declares bankruptcy, it may continue regular service, have limited service or stop service completely. Other airlines may sometimes accept the flight coupon(s) with restrictions however this is solely at their discretion.
23. Additions or Amendments: If there are additions or amendments to the Terms & Conditions for All Tours or the Terms and Conditions for All Air Tickets, TH will provide them in our proposal.
24. Tour Participant’s Notes: It is the tour participant’s sole responsibility to ensure that they pass all immigration and customs office rules, regulations, and requirements. Tour participants also have the sole responsibility to abide by the laws of all countries in which the services are rendered. TH will not be liable for the actions taken by any country.
25. Responsibility: TH and its employees, affiliates, and associates act only as agent for the airlines, transportation companies, tour operators, hotels, wholesalers, restaurants, contractors, and service companies providing accommodation, transportation or other services, all of which are disclosed principals & independent suppliers. TH and its employees, affiliates, and associates shall not be or become liable for the following:
(1) Any negligent act, error or omission by any of above mentioned independent suppliers; and
(2) Any injuries, damage, illness, death, loss, and other claims caused to any person & property in connection with any accommodations, transportation or services resulting from any acts of God, fire, disasters, accidents, terrorist activities, war, social or labor unrest, thefts, mechanical or construction failures or difficulties, disease, local laws or customs regulations, climate conditions, criminal or abnormal conditions, & any conditions out of TH’s control.
26. Acceptance: Receipt of your payment represents your acknowledgement and acceptance all Terms and Conditions.
Copyright © 2011 Tai Holidays. All Rights Reserved.